TITLE: Senior Programme Finance Officer
CONTRACT LENGTH: fix term
POST STATUS: National only
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: (select only one)
Level 1: the post holder will not have contact with children and/or young people, or access to personal data about children or young people, as part of their work; therefore a police check will not be mandatory for this post unless the content of the post changes, in which case the Child Safeguarding level should be reviewed.
To provide efficient and effective financial support and expertise to the programme, ensuring high standards of accuracy, accountability and transparency in financial matters.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Direct reports to: Head of Program
Dotline report to: Country Finance Director
Staff reporting to this post:
Budget Responsibilities: No budget approval
Role Dimensions: Have much complexity related to multi-sections, need to work with all program team, BHs, Finance, Awards, other enable functions and external partners for financial supporting in program operation.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
· Support budget holder and project staff in developing budgets for funding proposals to make sure budget is realistic, accurate and compliant with donor requirements as well as SCI standards.
· Attend proposal kick off meeting and set up in Agresso
· Prepare donor financial report accurately and timely
· Prepare BvA report analysis to effectively monitor and evaluate project performance, to identify and analyze the root causes for under-performing or over-budget projects. Work closely with BHs and ESMT to ensure financial recommendations and corrective actions are put in place appropriately.
· Prepare accounting adjustments where necessary
· Conduct PAT, training to partners to improve partner’s financial capacity building and ensure fully compliance with save the children financial requirement.
· Review SAA, supplier, and consultant contracts
· Review payments and reimbursement application for the hosting office, ensuring the accuracy and in compliance with save the children internal policies and Chinese laws
· Support Budget holder in preparing SOF budget loader and upload it into Agresso timely.
· Timely contact FMS for bug issues encountered and follow up
· Liaise with auditors to perform project audit
· Conduct spot check to partners and other field offices if required, prepare the spot check report with management recommendations and realistic action plan. Share the spot check report to country finance director and head of budgeting and reporting for review and sign off.
· Act as local fraud focal point (FFP) to promote Save the Children’s zero tolerance approach to fraud, compliance with key financial controls, standards and authority limits, as well as partnership financial management controls, process and reporting and identify key risks and control areas of financial operation system and management.
· Participate in finance meetings, share and update relevant information with Finance team members.
· To perform such other tasks and responsibilities as may be required from line manager
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· willing to take disciplined risks.
· honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Non-Chinese passport holders are required to work in Beijing and are required to obtain a work permit to work in China. Formal offer will be valid upon receiving work permit.
· Bachelor degree in accounting and finance
· At least 4 years experiences in financial management in a corporate or not-for-profit sector
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Communication and Technical Skills
· Excellent personal organisational skills, including appropriate judgement, time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
· Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Willingness to travel to field offices and work in difficult environments according to travel requirements
· Good people management skills/experience and proven ability to create an environment which encourages team-working and motivates a team across various geographical areas.
· Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results for children
· Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
· Willingness and capability to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy
Desirable: undertaking a accounting professional qualification such CPA or others.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.